Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Afternoon with Jennifer Sosik Video

My painting seems to follow my special intuition for predicting fashion and style trends. I am fortunate to somehow stay ahead of the curve in the ever-evolving world of design in all things for the home and beauty. I do stay up on what’s popular, as my eyes are always wide open and soaking in the colors, textures, genres, and shapes of what’s currently on prominent displays in storefronts and television.Like many women - of course I love to shop - even if it’s just for the latest bargain in tough times! The great part is that while perusing the stores I can also begin to make the connection between my observations and what these current trends will evolve into in the coming year. There are little hints or cues that may be the next idea in its infancy. I think these little things that I notice - a new curve on the edge of a jacket, an unusual collar, a print that reflects something from a culture rarely expressed in the market - these all jump into my subconscious as I am trying to find those few perfect bargains that will just make my day. These ideas then resurface through brush and paint as I work in my studio at home in my process of discovery and expression of style in our market today

No comments:

Post a Comment